Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 15:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reaver and Templar Duo and more reaver tactics  (Read 12874 times)
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 05:23:56 AM »

Well, 2 vs 1 is always hard.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 05:34:23 AM »

but as Reaver u can win it if the enemys arent that great and u have the right build and use ur skills at the right time. As seeker u cant usually sadly Sad

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 05:37:22 AM »

I didn't say it would be impossible.

Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:22 AM »

yeah u didnt but i only finished ur sentence.
Well 2v1 is allways but as Reaver u can win it if the enemys arent that great and u have the right build and use ur skills at the right time. As seeker u cant usually sadly

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »

Right... O_o

PimpMachine
HonorGuards
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 15:55:02 PM »

And which is the optimal "Bodyguard" build for a reaver? Any suggestions? Smiley
Maci
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

Om Nom Nom Nom!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 17:45:10 PM »

im useing a reaver build kastenko helpt me with, its really good in both attacking and defending its main use is templar defence duty, although it takes a while to get used to i guess. i actully think kastenko used a similiar build to mine since we playd alot together.

in short: try "godiskaggen", i think it should fit the bodyguard label Smiley

Om Nom Nom Nom!
PimpMachine
HonorGuards
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 17:14:10 PM »

Cheesy

I built a bodyguard reaver a while ago, and it is really pretty similar as godiskaggen. It is the "PimpGuard" (http://dawnspire.tinyrocket.se/index.php?l=true#showCharacter&id=15488. Tried it out in the latest game against UA, and it worked fine.

Lvl 12 Push, and lvl 1 TH is a must. Lvl 12 gash to do a lot of damage to seekers hunting the templar, high lvl FA in combination just after the templars Bash, BA for making it not so nice for other to hit you and for the explosion damage when you die (which often is in a middle of a crowd, hence I prefer lvl 12), Sprint to get close to the templar fast.

Other suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 20:07:37 PM by PimpMachine » Logged
mayhem
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 23:22:46 PM »

Epic fail.

Copy my reaver build it's the best build in the game. You can just influence the whole battlefield so well, if you can play it correctly that there is no match for it Smiley.

Here is the build http://dawnspire.tinyrocket.se/index.php?l=true#showCharacter&id=11249

Eat the Fish!
Derped
HonorGuards
Level 13

Baaa!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 23:33:53 PM »

Everyone has a build that suits them.

Reverendlamb, the most famous Time Travel Adventurer of the 30th century.
Waihirere
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 04:48:02 AM »

There's no single best build. What matters is that the build suits the player's play style. In GvG's the build must also suit the chosen team build.

I remember UA using hitters to protect their templar and it worked pretty well for them. The same tactic did not work for BH, because our play style was more aggressive and based on mobility.

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, I'd probably rather use seeker to protect the templar than reaver. Seeker can survive much more punishment on his own, does nice damage when fury is up and can use taunt to prevent one of the attackers from hitting the templar, which makes double-reaver "spikes" much harder for the other team. He can also use bombard and kneecap to buy the templar time to retreat.
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 05:08:19 AM »

Mmm, I tried that. I also used MJ, because it's always nice for a templar to have a few friendly MJ's around. Never did manange to get the same results as with templar/reaver, albeit I don't really know (or remember) why.

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

mayhem
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 15:19:27 PM »

If you make pressure to the other teams "backline" (templars&witches) it will take the pressure off your backline, because other team has to defend them. That reaver sitting next to templar tactic is just not as effecient as the mobile reaver which can go to make that quick attack to other teams backline and then sprint back to guard the templar if needed or possibly just change the target, because you really shouldn't run after one target for too long if he doesn't die quickly. My build somewhat has the best DPS for short period of time (BB and flurry 12), it also has great speed (12 sprint) and it also has great surviving/guarding ability (WW and hold 1, 12 push).

But yea everyone has their own preference and this is mine Smiley.

Eat the Fish!
Maci
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

Om Nom Nom Nom!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 16:25:38 PM »

i agree with Wai, seekers are better templar protectors/killers IF they can get their rage pumping, ive had my ass handed to me alot by BH seekers. the hard part is to avoid reavers with hold and push etc, thats prolly why we used reavers as Guards/offensive in UA since you have the option to stall/hold the offensive targets, so the templar can heal himself/reaver and then bash.

i think its more a question of preferences, aka which works best with its team in mind. (as Wai said)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 16:35:53 PM by Maci » Logged

Om Nom Nom Nom!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: