Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 06, 2020, 13:48:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Witch GvG build  (Read 10427 times)
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2008, 20:45:18 PM »

Well as my guild doesnt have a good witch yet (or a good witch which cant play very often) I have decided that i will be the witch in the furtun. I played 2 GvGs as Witch now Smiley And i failed badly anyway but thats a different think ... Anyway i think my build doesnt work that great. Or maybe it does? I dont know.
The jobs of a witch in AB:
-Try to survive when ur gate is still important and open
-Die as fast as possible sometimes to gate from home again
-Take the relics and run till u die
-Spamm AoEs on Templar
-Hold enemy relics up with displace or Soul Trap
-Defend base when the others went trough gate

maybe i forgot something ... but anyway i think that is what a witch in AB should do. Maybe in other guilds the witches have other jobs but in AB the witch has this jobs.

So i need a build with which i could make this as good as possible Smiley

Maybe post something like in:
4v4:
build ...

5v5:
build...

6v6:
build...

7v7:
build...

8v8:
build...

So my build for 4v4:
Skills
   Mana Void
   Natures Wrath
   Channel Mana
   Ethereal Form
   Displace
   Nether Gate

for 5v5 and 6v6:
Skills
   Natures Wrath
   Cursed Earth
   Displace
   Soul Trap
   Ethereal Form
   Nether Gate

for 7v7 and 8v8:
Skills:
   Natures Wrath
   Cursed Earth
   Displace
   Plague of Weakness
   Ethereal Form
   Nether Gate

Gate on 8 or higher is a MUST skill in AB Smiley
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 20:50:18 PM by Brummy » Logged

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 21:09:49 PM »

6v6

gate 8
CE 12
PoW 12
CM 5
MV 12
nw 1

I think that's how I've played. I don't really care about EF at this stage, since if you're hitting the witch its still better than if you're hitting the templar, and anways I kinda was the last guy standing over the few GvG's that I've played like a witch. And in most cases the witch should just friggin die, not be the last guy standing. The way UA plays right now is kinda damage oriented, hence no displace. If we wanna break EF cap, MV/CM/PoW will do.

However, should we play ackording to the "The Armoured and Tusked Spider Pig on Speed Strategy Of Utter DAMNATION" that I worked on yesterday night, this might be prone to change.

As we played tonight though, this is the type of build I would use.

For 8v8, ackording to ME, the classic build is just like yours, except with 12 EF and 1 disp.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 21:12:37 PM by Sparrisen » Logged

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

mayhem
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 21:13:17 PM »

Natures Wrath 8
Cursed Earth 12
Soul Trap 8
Ethereal Form 12
Displace 1
Nether Gate 9

I would use that on 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 7v7 and 8v8 matches Wink

Eat the Fish!
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 21:26:57 PM »

Thx for the tip "try it without EF" Sparrisen Smiley I will give it a test Smiley And about Mayhem's build: Well its almost the same i used in GvG. Only with a high displace lvl instead of a high NW lvl. So i think it wont be that great. Did u test this build in at least 2 or more GvGs?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 21:29:15 PM by Brummy » Logged

DIE FOR A VICTORY
mayhem
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 21:38:30 PM »

Brummy I have played witch in GvG 2 times so I cant say much about that, but that is the build I use on publics if I play seriously with witch (when am I doing that? Cheesy) and F has used similiar build on GvGs a lot and it has worked well.

EDIT: about that no EF build, IMO EF on even lvl 1 is necessary, if you are not able to put that NW/CE over you, you will be dead in couple of seconds.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 21:45:10 PM by mayhem » Logged

Eat the Fish!
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 21:55:28 PM »

yes i tested to play without EF and yes it works great Cheesy U die very fast as Sparrisen said: The Witch has to die very fast and gate then. But when u gated u have to try to survive as i have written on the jobs of a witch in AB and without EF u cant survive if the others hunt u.

DIE FOR A VICTORY
F
Blue Hero
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 00:14:39 AM »

Ill share my opinions tomorrow when I come back home.
Fero
Knights of Eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »

well, when I create a witch for a gvg I first have to know which map(s) we play (mainly is it OP-based or not), then how many players we have (5v5/6v6/7v7/8v8) and the role of the witch in combat (OP-holder/templar-supporter/dmg-witch...). roles depend a lot on the lineup. also when you play with 2 witchs in a 8v8, the build for the 2nd witch can differ a lot from the one for a single witch.

there are some "must-have"-skills for a witch in a gvg imo:
gate >= 8... if an other class would have a gate, I would play without a witch in all gvgs Tongue
NW >= 1... low lvl for interrupt only, high lvl for dmg too
CE or ST >= 8... "crowd control" Wink
EF > 2... damn hard to cast your AoE-spells without EF, when the other team knows how to interrupt you. if you want to have an OP-capper, EF 12 is necessary

the other 2 skill-slots are used for skills that are needed in the particular situation (map, players, lineup...). displace is good to hold an OP and displace relic runners (if on a high lvl), PoW imo isn't needed for smaller games than 7vs7, CL for dmg and to help your templar, CM to counter a MV-witch or combined with MV. personally I can't use ST AND CE in one build effectively, but if you can do so (I think F knows how to do that Wink) you can play with both skills for more crowd control...

my pure support-witch (most boring build ever for a witch...):
Displace 5
Plague Of Weakness 12
Natures Wrath 1
Cursed Earth 12
Nether Gate 8
Ethereal Form 12

my MV-witch:
Channel Mana 10
Mana Void 12
Natures Wrath 4
Cursed Earth 12
Nether Gate 8
Ethereal Form 4
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 08:51:38 AM »

For 8vs8 games this is the ultimate build to have:    

Soul Trap
   Ethereal Form
   Cursed Earth
   Plague Of Weakness
   Displace
   Nether Gate

For smaller games just drop points from CE and PoW (in that order) and go for NW and MV (possibly CM/CL too).
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 09:10:01 AM »

Ok i will test Fero's build cause it looks good in my eyes and im sure u have tested in GvGs (at least 2 or more) havent u?

DIE FOR A VICTORY
F
Blue Hero
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 14:01:34 PM »

Fero said almost everything I was about saying. I also create always my GvG builds after I know which maps we are going to play and what kind of tactic we will have.
-About EF my opinion is only suitable levels are 4 and 12. With level 1 its very hard to stop op cap, you can play without EF if you think you dont need it.
-Gate 8 is enough but level 12 is very good most of times because you dont always get nice cold gates and sometimes its imposible try to die. Smiley
-CE and ST in the same build... Then I am using same skills than mayhem maybe different levels. Reason why i would pick them to the same build is mostly that I dont know any better skills to pick. Wink I dont like CM, specially without MV. ST is better than MV without CM(cant have both). I could maybe take CL but I like trapping people. I use that kind of build only in bigger games when there is hard to target people, thats why CE is nice to have.

This is my all-around build, it suits almost every situation(public and GvG).

Skills
   Ethereal Form
   Soul Trap
   Displace
   Channel Life
   Natures Wrath
   Nether Gate
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 14:06:19 PM »

Skills
   Ethereal Form
   Soul Trap
   Displace
   Channel Life
   Natures Wrath
   Nether Gate

Hmm Fero and u use NW 4. Why? Isnt NW 1 enough?

DIE FOR A VICTORY
F
Blue Hero
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 14:13:26 PM »

Level 1 is enough for interrupt but level 4 keeps SB away. If sb is smart he knows that he can kill you even if he is standing level 1 NW. Thats main reason why I use it. Other thing is that if you have level 1 NW other witch can cast anything before it strikes again. I have never tested how it will go with level 4 NW but I think enemy cant cast any 2s spell between lightnings. If someone knows is this true or not tell me please.
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »

The aim is often to kill the other team as quickly as possible, and try to avoid getting your own team killed. The other aim for a witch is to delay, delay, delay the other team as much as possible. To achieve this in small games the witch should be built with high DPS to take one person out as quickly as possible and ST can stop 2/5 players. In larger games the witch should be more supportive since you can affect many more people with "crowd control spells". I e I truly recommend PoW in a 8 vs 8 fight, but I wouldn't use it in a 5 vs 5. The effect of ST is smaller since you only stop 2/8. Lvl 12 displace is one of the most fun skills to have as a witch, but it is sadly a waste of skillpoints that can be set to other skills. I wouldnt go higher than lvl 8. Lvl 1 is too low, since you really have to get close to your target, which often is difficult. I always try to go for two interrupts in my build regardless of game size (NW+Disp or NW+CM+MV). An example of a big game witch that I often use is http://dawnspire.tinyrocket.se/index.php?l=true#showCharacter&id=8846.
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 14:49:07 PM »

Just to drop this here; The more players, the lower EF. The less players, the higher EF.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: