Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 21:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private complaint  (Read 6271 times)
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2011, 23:09:47 PM »

Yo, yea, I failed an exam in medschool, and to get back I need finish that.

My complaint is simple. Medicine is both a practical and theoretical science, sometimes stuff just works, and the theory says it shouldn't. It's evolving. I got told on my first day, that what we learn the next few days, will probably be irrelevant or wrong when my education is finished.

So, I have 3 main sources of knowlage for now.

1: lecturers, who often actually, conducted the very last experiment on the issue, yesterday. Privileged to have the very cutting-edge scientists here tuturing us.
2: Textbooks.
3: Wiki and the web

The PROBLEM IS, that these three sources, not at all that seldom. CONTRADICT EACHOTHER.

You look at a biological system, and try to figure out how it works, from the textbook, why does A stimulate B? It doesn't say in the book, so you go to the wiki, where it says, that A inhibits B.

Then I personally go "wtf".

Currently, I don't agree with this picture, from wiki:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Control-of-stomach-acid-sec.png
And my textbook is with me. Acetylcholin should INIHIBIT D-cells.

Caught between opposing sources, i guess I have to form my *OWN* opinion.

Further more. Every little fucking thing in biology have at least 3 names, say, in english. For example: A gastric chief cell (or peptic cell, or gastric zymogenic cell) (from wiki)

also, we use two other languages in teaching, latin, and swedish. So This Confuses Stuff.

Further MORE, when they finally find out that Cell Killing Protein, actually doesnt kill cells, some scientists rename it to something else, so even if you think you know what something means, you might not, in a few years.

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Optimus
The Smurfs
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 22:02:13 PM »

jägermeister cures all probz... sorted matey
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: