Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2019, 01:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server population bug (main site)  (Read 1928 times)
Metempsychosis
Team Toss
Level 2

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2010, 12:05:25 PM »

Recently I have been noticing that the display on the main site showing active servers is giving incorrect numbers of players playing. This mostly happens when the server in fact is empty, but the display still shows that a number of players are online. If I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, could it have come with the mod pack?

I think this could pose problems for new players, seeking to play with people who aren't online if you get my meaning, which in turn would discourage them from continuing.
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »

The bots are just having fun on their own...

Besides I think this "bug" is a good thing. People see that there are others on the server so they are more encouraged to join it themselves. Ofc if the server turns out to be empty every time then it will have a detrimental effect in the long run.
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 13:04:46 PM »

I think it's a refresh thing. If say 6 people are playing and the main site refreshes while they are playing it will show there are 6 people. If 5 of these people leave before the next refresh the site will still show 6 playing till it refreshes the server list. Unfortunately you could join at this point expecting 6 and find only 1. I could be wrong but I do get this when testing maps. when I leave my server it still says there is 1 person playing until I refresh the list. 
Derped
HonorGuards
Level 13

Baaa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 14:05:54 PM »

Might be true, but if it says there are six persons playing and you click on the server to see who they are and what classes they are playing it might say that no one is playing.

Reverendlamb, the most famous Time Travel Adventurer of the 30th century.
johan
Administrator
Level 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 16:13:40 PM »

It should be a refresh issue as both the server list and server info page get the data from the same place.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: