Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2019, 01:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google  (Read 19285 times)
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2011, 16:00:40 PM »

I think we can all agree on that google is the shit. They're awesome, innovative and awesome. They give most of their products away for free, and are open and giving, in comparison to apples closed up fortress-like gadgets and microsofts greedy incompetence.

But come on.

It looks like, soon, that google is gonna kick everyones ass so hard, that there's no competition left. And it's not in ONE area, it's in EVERY FUCKING area.

I don't like that. If we have google computers, with chrome, using google phones, searching on google, sharing information on google docs, writing personal information on google+, finding out where to go using google maps.

That's fucking extreme. WTF is going on. If that's the case, there's almost nooothing google doesn't know about me. Google would know if you were cheating, if you're planning a coup against the govournment, or possibly, if I write this article on the dawnspire forums. I'm using google chrome as my web-browser by the way.

A google spokesman once said that the goal was to be able to ask a question like "what should I be doing today?" on google. Is it only I that think this sounds dangerous?

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

hiho :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 20:30:07 PM »

I've watched television lately. All the soups and entertainment crap is REALLY, REALLY odd. I mean there ARE funny things to watch. But 95% of the things that run from morning to evening is poor, poor entertainment.
How can't this fuck your brain.

Oh and google. Is cool to search for things.

Life is unique.
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 20:47:37 PM »

That is such a thread hi-jack^^ But yes, I agree- TV sucks.

You have a limited amount of time in this life - would you rather do something YOURSELF, that YOU think is cool - or watch some faggot on TV do something HE thinks is cool?

Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 20:59:00 PM »

whats hi-jack?^^

Well, I have the feeling I have to be less intelligent to find TV entertaining. Be dumb. Stop thinking. Thats what they aim for I guess.

Life is unique.
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 21:23:21 PM »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hi-jack

Derped
HonorGuards
Level 13

Baaa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 19:05:42 PM »

Google monitors you. Basic fact. Does it matter really? Why would you care that someone knows what you're doing? The point you should start caring is when it becomes a threat, not when it merely fucks with you and bugs you.
Sides, everyone uses Google, with the slight exception of the North Korean population. If you'd stop using Google they'd still know everything through your stupid friends who put up everything from "X goes to toilet now, wish me luck! ^^" to "Y hid A amount of money under B's pillow".
Heck, there's bound to be pictures and general information of you in one of the 300 000 servers Facebook runs or just in Googles own database.
There's no escape. Just accept it and go on with your life, making the best of it.

Reverendlamb, the most famous Time Travel Adventurer of the 30th century.
Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:45:06 AM »

Who cares if they know what you're doing if NOONE CARES what YOU are doing, since, who are you that people care what you're doing?

Aslong as I'm a "no one", aslong as we all are, does it really matter?

Also, who cares if they know WHAT you are doing. the "what" is cursory, since 1000 people could do the same with everyone having different thoguhts, emotions, goals while doing it. And then again, only cursory people would care  and, do you care those people?

I dont see the problem at all for YOU, as a single target. As sparrissen, as oynamak, as rev. It does not influence your life, unless you let it?

Life is unique.
Doombringer
HonorGuards
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »

There's no escape.

well, here it is  http://boingboing.net/2011/02/04/startingpage-now-ret.html

If you find some misspellings you can keep them!
Faro
Team Toss
Level 8

Thats right, your NOT from Texas.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »

I just saw something on TV that was moderately relevant to this thread.
Seems a kidnapper took a picture of his victim using an I-phone and texted it to the people he expected to pay the ransom. The FBI was involved and apparantly embeded in an I-phone picture is the GPS location of the phone. In a matter of minutes,  the victim was recovered and the kidnapper arrested.

Jerry the old guy that just killed you
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 14:22:06 PM »

ooommmggg, how are you supposed to know all this shit?

wtf. Big brother is always wary.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: