Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 02:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawnspire 2 as a kickstart?  (Read 3468 times)
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2012, 15:48:43 PM »

So the flavour of the month seems to be these kickstart projects. I was just thinking if any of the devs were still interested in drumming up support for a DS2 this might be the way to go about it.

For those who don't know what a kickstart project is, it follows these lines. A dev asks for contributer to create a game, usually with a short video. They have a set total to reach to make the game. Contributers can be anyone, public or industry. Usually the more you pay the greater the say you have in the games design. They usually have a set number of days to raise the capital in question. If the money is raise the game goes ahead. If they don't money is never taken from contributers.

Below is an example of one currently on the go and what the contributors get for their cash.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14214732/kaiju-combat

Though for the day.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 15:50:30 PM by Persus » Logged
Faro
Team Toss
Level 8

Thats right, your NOT from Texas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 16:25:39 PM »

Devs? I'm ready with cash. Does anyone know if they even visit these forums anymore?

Jerry the old guy that just killed you
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 16:37:54 PM »

Sure Pimp has a connection to the Devs. What is there to lose in attempting this if they had the manpower behind it but the time to film and edit the presentation. Its a pipe dream but I thought I would mention it.
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 18:45:59 PM »

Will be difficult to get people to donate money for a sequel of a game they've never played (or heard of).

Then again people seem to donate money to all kinds of shitty things so who knows Cheesy
HalfwayToHell
Level 3

Free On weds thurs and sats for playing. mostly.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 14:25:26 PM »

i would've donated to this project if/when it happened if i wasn't so god damn poor. HATE BEING POOR IT MAKES THE STEAM SUMMER SALE TORTURE
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »

I don't think the devs read the forums on a regular basis. I'll notify Jonatan of this thread. Smiley / Pimp
jonatan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 18:04:21 PM »

Hi!

Unfortunately, we (the ex-devs) are no longer making games together. Considering the big amount of similar games that popped up since we started development of Dawnspire (Bloodline Champions, League of Legends, WoW Battlegrounds, Heroes of Newerth, DOTA 2, Guildwars 2 etc) it is also doubtful that we would attempt to make more games in that same space even if we were still at the same studio. Dawnspire 2 would be a great project to work on, but I do not think we have a big enough community now to get the financial support we need. If we had, we would likely have been more successful five years ago, when the idea was still fairly new.

That said, some of us are still making games and are most definitely looking at Kickstarter! Me and a friend have recently started a new studio, named That Brain (www.thatbrain.se), and are developing a game based on pirates and air ships. If you want to check it out, you can head over to www.fireallrayguns.com to find a very early prototype. We might launch a Kickstarter campaign for the game later this year if we can get the prototype a bit more attractive. It is still very early in development and missing most features that would make it fun to play, but we're putting more stuff in there every week. Smiley

/Jonatan
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 18:42:04 PM »

5 fuckin years.

WTF. OMG time flies.

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: