Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 25, 2020, 11:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawnspire˛  (Read 34425 times)
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2008, 19:44:38 PM »

Well guys, shall we make a Dawnspire˛ maybe?  Grin
I mean we have players like SirTeoHero and I'm learning C++ (the thing u need for program a computer game) right now˛

So should we maybe try making Dawnspire˛ ??  Grin

DIE FOR A VICTORY
johan
Administrator
Level 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 20:30:41 PM »

Actually i had the same thought earlier today. But then i quickly realized how big a project it is =/ And now i am continuing development of my Baldur's Gate clone...

But it would be really fun though =) And i have a couple of 'not-even-remotely-finished-3d-rpg's'(c) in my projects folder. =)

Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 21:14:21 PM »

I have asked the devs. Anders the main programmer of dawnspire worked 5 years for this game but maybe we can make up a little version of dawnspire for the first?
Well whaterever i will try it at least since i want to make my own computer game like this or like that even if there were still dawnspire active Wink

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 23:04:12 PM »

I was thinking we could start small and try and create some sort of e-mail battle version of Dawnspire that we could play in the forum using the skills/classes from the game. Nothing to complicated but we just work out the rules etc then we could import the original icon graphics from the wiki.

What do you guys think?

I could also bring across all the info I gathered and put together from all the suggestion forum into the Creating Dawnspire 2 threads
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 23:32:49 PM by Persus » Logged
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 03:09:09 AM »

Well if we use an already made engine I'm sure we can make it faster. You might actually want to check this out http://media.assembly.org/vod/2006/seminars/142_seminar_silent_grove_xvid_400kbps.avi. It's from Assembly 2006 back when Dawnspire had just hit beta with Henrik talking about making the game and the troubles they had with it.

PS. I really don't think we (you) can make any kind of game but then again I'm not saying it's not possible ;). Just remember not to title it Dawnspire (or anything similar) to avoid legal problems :P
Gleipdonir
Knights of Eld
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:13:59 AM »

I would love to have a DS˛. But than again, I dont know anythoing about C++ or any other similar program. Therefore I could just help you guys Alpha and Beta testing when its done Wink
Giman
Level 7

Don`t turn to me a back. BackStab 12.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 08:31:54 AM »

Ok. As i said i played very many 3d mmorpg and browser based online games and my language is Ukrainian and i know English on intermidiate level. I dont know C+ C++ Delphi  Huh but i have expiriense in game creation, mmorpg creation and MYSQL + hosting.
My first idea:
 Wink 1. When master server would be stoped nobody can`t to enter the game and Dawnspire launcher cant downloadupdates and will not run. What we must do that 1 - Launcher start - disable updates. 2- We must create Login-server and 3 - players database with accompishes, rankings and enother stuff + Guild server. 3- We must put MYSQL server and databade on free or low cost hosting with MYSQL. (good hosting.) 4- We must  patch client that it connect not to dawnspire.com and to our web site with MYSQL server and database.
Roll Eyes 2. For Dawnspire 2 we dont need programmers, we need free from work people! I know such thing as RPG Studio.
It is 2.5D MMORPG creator + engine + big lib of models + textures + npc + some maps + bots. After 5 minutes mouse clicking u have 3 folders - server + client + resousers with scripts and pictures. Somebody can develop game. To do this with RPG Studio very simple. For Dawnspire 2 no need C++ and enother.
But we have one problem - we need 3d game! We must remake graphic!
+ we must to create server as in 1. idea. Url to download RPG studio - http://downloads.cnet.co.uk/0,39100207,39305106s,00.htm
+ Libs - http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpgstudio/
 Cry 3. Sorry we can not copy database + server and host it!(
Sorry for many mistakes!

johan
Administrator
Level 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 09:00:11 AM »

Ok. As i said i played very many 3d mmorpg and browser based online games and my language is Ukrainian and i know English on intermidiate level. I dont know C+ C++ Delphi  Huh but i have expiriense in game creation, mmorpg creation and MYSQL + hosting.
My first idea:
 Wink 1. When master server would be stoped nobody can`t to enter the game and Dawnspire launcher cant downloadupdates and will not run. What we must do that 1 - Launcher start - disable updates. 2- We must create Login-server and 3 - players database with accompishes, rankings and enother stuff + Guild server. 3- We must put MYSQL server and databade on free or low cost hosting with MYSQL. (good hosting.) 4- We must  patch client that it connect not to dawnspire.com and to our web site with MYSQL server and database.
Roll Eyes 2. For Dawnspire 2 we dont need programmers, we need free from work people! I know such thing as RPG Studio.
It is 2.5D MMORPG creator + engine + big lib of models + textures + npc + some maps + bots. After 5 minutes mouse clicking u have 3 folders - server + client + resousers with scripts and pictures. Somebody can develop game. To do this with RPG Studio very simple. For Dawnspire 2 no need C++ and enother.
But we have one problem - we need 3d game! We must remake graphic!
+ we must to create server as in 1. idea. Url to download RPG studio - http://downloads.cnet.co.uk/0,39100207,39305106s,00.htm
+ Libs - http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpgstudio/
 Cry 3. Sorry we can not copy database + server and host it!(
Sorry for many mistakes!
1. I have been looking into this and we won't have to do anything about the updates. DS will just ignore if it can't find any. The rest is not very hard but it's quite a lot of work if we need rankings and all that stuff. I already have mysql + php support on this server so that would not be a problem.

2. I couldn't find out if it supported 3d but if it does not then we would need to rewrite the client to support it - and we would need to rewrite the server as well. So it's a lot more work than "just" recreating the graphics.

So we need a programmer. That could be me if i had the time = /

3. Compared to no. 2 this is not a big problem.

Giman
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »

Sanks. And what do you choose - make Dawnspire 2 or host Dawnspire 1 , make some mods.
When we will host it we must change Name of the game. (You understand why! Dawnspire - brand of SGS)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 10:20:06 AM by Giman » Logged

johan
Administrator
Level 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »

If the devs would allow it then i would host the Dawnspire 1 master server. I would most likely not be able to develop Dawnspire 2 since it's such a huge project and i got a lot of stuff to do right now, studies, other games and i work as well.

Gleipdonir
Knights of Eld
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »

Oh wai, I know how i could help you. If i got time, i could do the german translation Smiley
Giman
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 10:41:14 AM »

okey.than if devs allow we will host DSP server if no - tried to make own dawnspire client and server --- take mmorpg engine . cut models + scripts, change them...

Gleipdonir,
sanks. you will helpfull - many people will play from Germany!

Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »

I'll help you eat people.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 12:02:34 PM »

I could always do a finnish translation for the whole game for the FIN people ; )
But dawnspire 2 can be done like a private server as someone already brough it up etc. ^^ Gl for everyone :p I willl help if I can

JoeKonay/Ren
Knights of Eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 12:12:12 PM »

sry i cant help you guys  because i have not many time and i cant do many things which helps but good luck i ope we can play Dawnspire or dawnspire 2 in the future
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: