Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2018, 14:02:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up a server  (Read 14461 times)
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 20:39:54 PM »

If you set up a server and can't log in to it yourself, but others can, you can change your "Client port" in the settings.xml file to 3169. That might help (it did for me).
FLuori
Blue Hero
Level 9

Prowler Till Death!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 13:09:07 PM »

If you set up a server and can't log in to it yourself, but others can, you can change your "Client port" in the settings.xml file to 3169. That might help (it did for me).
My Client Port is already 3169... where are all of those working solutions?

Demolishor: "yes! I made that relic move like 2 meters towards our op and got an orgasm."
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 22:45:27 PM »

So has any one managed to set up a server on Vista? When ever I try it it just crashes the machine or freezes needing a restart. I can do it on XP ok but not Vista.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 15:33:05 PM by Persus » Logged
FLuori
Blue Hero
Level 9

Prowler Till Death!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 14:23:23 PM »

I'm totally out of ideas. And im not gonna host server only for you! I want to play too

Demolishor: "yes! I made that relic move like 2 meters towards our op and got an orgasm."
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 21:43:30 PM »

I host on Vista, and it works just fine (slow, yes, but that is nt Vista's fault Smiley)
CyberEndDragon
Team Toss
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 22:47:53 PM »

i cant host on vista iver Sad the same thing happens it just stops Sad

FLuori
Blue Hero
Level 9

Prowler Till Death!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 23:08:55 PM »

1 year before I had XP... and yeah, same problem. operating system is not problem.

valdrea
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 22:21:38 PM »

wish it wasnt so complicated to host.  Undecided
Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 05:10:02 AM »

wish it wasnt so complicated to host.  Undecided

Hosting is not really complicated..
All that is "hard" in hosting is opening the port 3170 from your router.
Your firewall most likely has the settings for it.. If not I highly recommend uninstalling the current one and installing Comodo, which is a free firewall and it's ATM third best firewall in the industry. Only better ones are Panda and norman as they stated.

Waker
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 00:57:43 AM »

Hey, i want to make my how server but, i dont know hot to setup my server... PimpMyServer has a "automatic" bots system... how can i put that in my server? how can i change my server's name?(P.S. o have my modem ports opened Cheesy(Current name is: My Portuguese Server)...)
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 20:12:14 PM »

Hey, i want to make my how server but, i dont know hot to setup my server... PimpMyServer has a "automatic" bots system... how can i put that in my server? how can i change my server's name?(P.S. o have my modem ports opened Cheesy(Current name is: My Portuguese Server)...)

"i dont know to setup my server" - Be more specific if you have other questions than the one below...

Automatic bot system, I guess you mean bot editing, you can find that here http://dawnspire.tinyrocket.se/forum/index.php/topic,670.0.html

"how can i change my server's name" Go in under My Page and click on your server that you wish to change the name. Then you can edit the name.

Good luck! /Pimp
Skaldorin
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 14:29:43 PM »

Ah, I see my wiki article for hosting servers have been quoted here Smiley

A few things for those with Vista and wanting to host a Dawnspire server:

1) The game must not be installed under C:/Programs
If it, reinstall it somewhere else (preferably not in the C (partition of the) hard-drive, but at the very least in some other folder (like C:/Games/Dawnspire
If the game is installed under C:/Programs, Vista will scatter files around under other folder as it sees fit -> you won't be able to run a server. This btw is true for any other game too where you would want to host a server.

2) You must be logged on with Admin rights. Without admin rights Vista won't let the host work.

Other than that, hosting a Dawnspire serve is *not* difficult. And yet, if you are trying to set up a host from behind a firewall/router and you do not have a clue of what firewalls or routers do, you might very well be advised to stay well clear of hosting *any* game (not just Dawnspire Wink ), as you might be able to do something you definitively didn't intend to do. At the very least read the manuals of your firewall and router, and don't forget to ask permission from the network admin (no matter if that network admin is your grandpa or your nephew, he *has to* be made aware of what you are doing Smiley ).

There are three kinds of people: Those who can count and those who can not.
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 14:50:57 PM »

I never knew that. That might answer the problem of why I can't host a server on my Vista machine and why it crashes all the time if I try. Doesn't explan the same problem happening on my Xp machine though. I can start and join it but no one else can.
Skaldorin
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 18:29:29 PM »

I can start and join it but no one else can.
That is a firewall or router issue in that case. Set up them properly and your problem is fixed Smiley

There are three kinds of people: Those who can count and those who can not.
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 20:00:43 PM »

"1) The game must not be installed under C:/Programs"

Well, I hosted previously under Vista, and now under Window 7, and the program is installed under C:\Program (x86)\... and it works just fine.

Smiley / Pimp
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: