Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 28, 2020, 16:05:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: This guild still needs more ppl  (Read 29561 times)
Demolishor
Blue Hero
Level 6

meh.

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2009, 16:49:39 PM »

i looked at the top characters list and saw this same old problem that never seems to go away. we have too many small guilds and guilds that aren't useful for the ds guild scene (namely lt and ass). + we have a large number of players that aren't in a guild at all. (doombringer, groans...) I wanna gather these players or at least as many of them as possible to form a new guild.

this new guild would then work on it's teamplay and challenge ua and bh and bring big gvg's back to ds scene. some of the players i mentioned probably have their own reasons to stay behind from this project (PROVIDED it even starts up) and I will do my best to respect those reasons.

next up: If you're a little slow and haven't figured it out yet, I intend to lead this project and be the leader of that new guild. if a more capable person shows up, i'm ready to step aside, but in order to make this thing work, a leader is needed and if no1 is up for the job, this project would fly straight to the trash bin.

remember the old mixed guild project that never went anywhere, well, if some of u veterans still have ur second accounts, you can use them to provide back-up to this guild and make the matches more interesting, you could also share some of your tips with us.

a list of things that are necessary:
- a minimum of 8 - 12 of players willing to join this guild (8 is enough for 5vs5 matches, 12 would be nice for 8vs8 matches).
- a name for the guild (I was thinking something along the lines of "the next domination", tnd for short, but if any1 comes up with a better 1...).
- acknowledgement from UA and BH.

finally, I know this project is ridiculously big, and has a large chance of being a total failure, but i'm not afraid, cause i know that ds doesn't need to die, if we don't want it to die and that things won't get better just from whining, we need to take action and at the very least, i'm doing so.

now, read this thing and think about it. If you're a veteran, post ur opinion, and if you're a guildless player or a player who's ready to leave his/her current guild, post your preferred classes and playstyles. I'll start with a nice doublepost that shows mine.

here's a draft of a letter, I intend to send to the players in my target group.

Hi, I'm Demolishor (or just demo) from BH, and i'm planning to set up a new guild. you can read the whole story in the "a discussion about setting up a new guild" thread, but here's the main idea in short.

I want you to join this new guild, which will be a mix of guildless players and hopefully at least some players from guilds other than ua and bh. this new guild will go through a harsh period of training and then test it's mettle against both ua and bh.

everything else is still up in the air, and now is the right time to discuss these sorts of things. If you'd like to experience some gvg action and aren't afraid, post a reply to my thread and send a private message to me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:19:11 AM by Demolishor » Logged

voi kake, eikö ole manaa interruptiin?
Demolishor
Blue Hero
Level 6

meh.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 18:24:23 PM »

1. hybrid seeker, aka a seeker with berserker's fury and all the necessary skills that go with it, + a high lvl bombard. my playstyle with this class is to try my best to keep bf up, but if it doesn't work, then i'll use my bombard.
2.whirlwind reaver, a build designed to deal a "little" of dmg to every1 with the bleed effect from bone blades and bone armor. I just spin around and try to cause as much havock as possible.
3. rev templar. this templar is ridiculously weak by itself, but it has a high lvl rev that can change a lot things when it's used the right way.

it's very important to write about your playstyles, especially, if you're playing prowler or sb, these classes are often used for fragging and that sort thing does not belong in gvg, heck, imo it has nothing to do with ds in general.

Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 20:00:22 PM »

I think it's an awsome idea. I wouldn't mind being part of a larger guild myself, I usually don't play more than like 1-2 times a month anyhow, so my contribution to a guild is pretty small (if you look past the fact that I smell divine).

I estimate that UA, in it's present state, could muster 5 man games, perhaps twice a month tops. I don't know about BH, but UA seems to be the guild I see around most often in pubbies anywho.

Then Add the BH and UA TOGETHER and we'll have a playmate!

I don't quite like that. Having played games under both guilds authority, there's a very different type of atmosphere and functionality of the guilds.
UA, is like "Battle-democracy", which really demands strategical thinking from all the team, while BH is more like "Dictatorship 'n paWN".

This provides for a different experience, and you tend to like one thing more than the other IMO. Mixing them would be like eating ice-cream to fish or something.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 18:15:10 PM by Sparrisen » Logged

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 20:40:07 PM »

It's a very nice idea, though never match for UA  Wink
Ps. I still support it

Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 20:52:45 PM »

while BH is more like "Dictatorship 'n pawn".

And what would this mean?

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
Demolishor
Blue Hero
Level 6

meh.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 21:01:50 PM »

i think it means 2 things. 1. you misunderstood me, the approval i was talking bout was just that both guilds should accept "tnd" as a new guild, but tnd would rule itself. I mean, if both bh and ua think tnd is useless trash, there won't be any gvg's. whether tnd will be a dictatorship or a democracy is up to the leader to decide.

2. bh has always 1 supreme leader who is never questioned. and the rest of us are his pawns, as simple as that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 21:05:15 PM by Demolishor » Logged

Maci
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

Om Nom Nom Nom!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 21:10:24 PM »

hullu i would say, ua is like this everyone goes like "lets do this balbala" during the battle, and you guys have a warlord which decides what to do, we dont..pretty much what sparrisen is trying to say i think.

Om Nom Nom Nom!
Demolishor
Blue Hero
Level 6

meh.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 21:28:09 PM »

hmm. so if I choose to make tnd a dictatorship, i can use bh's pawns while playing against ua and if tnd becomes a democracy I can use ua members while playing against bh but I can't have both? or just wut is the thing I misunderstood? you guys don't want to mix ua and bh, and i already covered the 2 ways they could be mixed, or did i? anyway, I want at least 1 post from my target group.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 21:57:47 PM by Demolishor » Logged

Maci
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

Om Nom Nom Nom!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 21:40:43 PM »

i think most of the old ua peeps dont have any problems with following orders, but its just that we do stuff diffrently, then BH..but i think it wouldnt be to much fun playing against a UA/BH mixed team, atleast i wouldnt want to face that in a gvg ^^

*although i dont really play dawnspire anymore..so i should just shut up, and i just figured that you didnt mean to mix ua and bh against that guild, in that case just ignore this crap ^^*
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 22:00:30 PM by Maci » Logged

Om Nom Nom Nom!
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 22:11:07 PM »

As far as I understood, this guild isn't for UA and BH players. Atleast "we" are not the main target group. I mean if this would be about us two fighting, then why not just have normal BH vs UA matches, or mixed matches?

As for what comes to needing an acknowledgement from BH (and UA), I don't quite understand the need for that. Just make the guild, invite the players, train them, challange us and we'll see what happens. I'm fairly sure BH can muster 5 players any given day.

And about the difference in leadership between BH and UA:
BH = order
UA = chaos

Wink
Maci
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

Om Nom Nom Nom!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 22:35:27 PM »

okay just to explain what i thought, from what i understood, demo will make a guild, invite nonguilded/small guilds into 1 big one, train them, then challange UA/BH?

the problem i see with this is that UA barely have any active players, atleast not vets, so i thought you were going to make like a mix of BH/UA face that new guild, since ua alone cant muster enough players. *thats what my random crap posts were all about*

anyways, i think is a good idea, and i wish you the best of luck with it demo!

and yeah, we are like my closet...UTTER CHAOS..and some dust..and some random crap ;P
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 22:39:48 PM by Maci » Logged

Om Nom Nom Nom!
Demolishor
Blue Hero
Level 6

meh.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 22:53:50 PM »

yea yea, i made a huge mess, but were already up to good start cause i received 2 positive replies. i have good feeling this thing in overall.

Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 22:55:02 PM »

and yeah, we are like my closet...UTTER CHAOS..and some dust..and some random crap ;P

And HULLU!

But don't look!

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
krizz92
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 22:56:29 PM »

im up for it if u want me!

palystyle:
maybe seeker is the thing for me in GvGs
and in public games i like my offencive templar Smiley
i suck as defensive temp

but theres 1 thing i cant do and that is to use skype cause i simply cant talk english Sad
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »

I'm in if you want me to. Any char, any playstyle. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: