Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 14:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whai's build  (Read 3479 times)
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2009, 23:09:33 PM »

Yea, I was thinking of trying out some kind of offensive reaver, and come to think of it, whai's build was pretty much what I had in mind. Does damage, semi hard to kill, without sacrificing speed too much.

But I'm at a loss for what it was, actually, I look at the reaver and I see the need for 7 skills: Voila:

1 I KNOW he had BA, at a low level, most likely 2
2 I KNOW he had TP because he needs an interrupt, and TP does area damage
3 I KNOW he had Metabolism, because he really liked meta + flurry
4 I KNOW he had flurry because of above statement
5 I KNOW he had Whirlwind, because I remember him whirlwinding around our portal at a few GvG's
6 I KNOW he had BB because he loved that skill (and I remember myself frowning at having BB and BA in the same build)
7 I KNOW he had SPRINT, at a lowlevel, but together with meta achieving the same speed boost as sprint 12

wzz?
Either sprint or flurry has to go. I think.

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Smiskfisk
Global Moderator
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 23:33:08 PM »

Waihirare did not use Whirlwind as far as I remember.
Let's see if I remember right..
Daywalker:
Sprint: 8
Meta: 8
Boneblades: 8 (+4)
Bonearmor: 2
Flurry: 12
Telepush: 4 (+4)

With that said, bring the real answer and prove me wrong! ^^

:Edit
Uhmm.. I missed 8 points for some reason.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:59:40 AM by Smiskfisk » Logged
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 07:26:06 AM »

I would say he had more skills at 12, but can't really decide which ones...

BA 2
BB 12
Flurry 12
Meta 12
Sprint 8
TP 4

Ok wait... either me or Smisk can't count to 50 now... Tongue
Waihirere
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 22:51:47 PM »

Nightmare has it right. Daywalker build is:

BA 2
BB 12
Flurry 12
Meta 12
Sprint 8
TP 4

I think the attributes were

Con 6
Wis 2
Str 2

The idea is to use BB+Flurry combo to do damage while having Meta on so it heals you at the same time. TP for interrupt (4 instead of 1 to get some range and a bit area damage), Sprint for movement (which is very important for the build, since this a blitzkrieg build - basically, go in where you're needed the most, flurry and go out; also, having sprint on while flurrying helps to keep in range so the target cannot so easily interrupt the flurry by running) and BA 2 so you can fight against those tank reavers and have a chance.

There's a huge difference between having a BA and not having it. BA 2 is 10 damage, whereas BA 12 is 20 damage and no BA is 0 damage. When fighting against a tank with BA 12, taking 20 damage for each hit you make is nasty. If the other guy takes none for each his hit, you're gonna lose. If he takes 10, you have a chance.

It's also a psychological weapon. People don't like to hit BA reavers because they take almost as much damage as they give. Also, in game people don't typically know your BA level, so they sometimes treat your BA 2 as if it was BA 12 Smiley

It's also good when you need to sacrifice yourself for the team. At least you'll be doing some damage while getting ganged.

I would've loved to have Sprint 12, but I liked TP 4 more. One tweak that is possible for this build is to reduce BA and TP to 1 and have Sprint 12.

5 I KNOW he had Whirlwind, because I remember him whirlwinding around our portal at a few GvG's

My other reaver build has Whirlwind, but I doubt you've seen that in GvG since it was created after official servers went down.

Anyway, now that I've tested it I'd still go with no WW build. WW is good, but not that good. I'd say an optimal team has one reaver with WW and one without.

6 I KNOW he had BB because he loved that skill (and I remember myself frowning at having BB and BA in the same build)

BB is perhaps the best reaver skill, and one of the best skills in the game after Bombard and some others. And the combination of flurry/whirlwind, BB and meta is a lethal one. I prefer flurry over whirlwind because it does more damage and that way ends up healing me more. Surprisingly, simply doing normal hits with BB on ends up giving almost as good heal, due to the speed boost.

I suppose you were frowning because BA reduces attack speed while BB boosts it. However, I tested the build without BA. In fact, it originally had TH instead of BA, since 2 interrupts is always better than 1. But without BA, it was totally impossible to fight tank reavers, although I think back then BA gave armor boost as well. I tested going without BA again when armor boost was removed, but still found the passive damage to be better.
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 00:07:51 AM »

Yea, the frown part was correct. It's not a mathematical thing. It's the feeling you get when you shred a stationary target up, with BB12 and meta12. Having played a lot with that, I went "WTF??"-ing in frustration as I played with BA.

Well, it actually was a mathematical thing in a way, since passive damage is somewhat random, while active reaver damage is on the spot. I've been thinking and pondering some though, and perhaps general AoE damage, versus sniper damage is pretty cool still, for an offensive build.

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: