Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2018, 05:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Swiss's Server Bugged  (Read 9186 times)
Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2009, 15:24:01 PM »

I don't know if this is a problem on my side... or if others are seeing the same thing.

But this is not an insult/offense to swiss's server... merely a way to try and get these problems solved (if they are based on my side).

Problems/Bugs I have experienced:

1) If a witch casts NW whilst carrying relic... I see the position remaining afterwards (see attached screens).
2) Certain skill numbers (quick keys) do not work when i press them. For example, i will press 3 for nerve poison as SB ... and the sb will do nothing apart from standard attack.
3) Sometimes skills get "jammed" where they are on constant cooldown - or do not cast (happened sometimes on other servers too).

Is there anyway i can solve these problems? ... as sometimes they are really at bad times and annoying  Wink
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 15:36:42 PM by Ghost » Logged

"It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside of him, then the darkness all around him." - Which would you pick? - Some would pick light, others darkness... Can an imbalance be made?
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 15:45:43 PM »

Like said earlier it's most likely a lag thing, and probably server side problem if it doesn't happen on other servers.
Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 16:29:28 PM »

Well i've never seen the "fixed NW" witch position before... so i dont know if there is a problem with swiss's server  Undecided

"It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside of him, then the darkness all around him." - Which would you pick? - Some would pick light, others darkness... Can an imbalance be made?
Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

hiho :D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 16:45:02 PM »

Ive also seen this with reavers afer using WW and having some kind of a Jesus on a cross position.. my experience have been that this is cursed by lag.

just trying to help, maybe it helped? Smiley

Life is unique.
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 20:45:01 PM »

I played in those games with you ghost or some of em anyway and I never had any problems with the server so I can only think it is a lag issue or something on your side of things. HOpe it clears up for you quick.
Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 21:25:12 PM »

I don't know if this is a problem on my side... or if others are seeing the same thing.

But this is not an insult/offense to swiss's server... merely a way to try and get these problems solved (if they are based on my side).

Problems/Bugs I have experienced:

1) If a witch casts NW whilst carrying relic... I see the position remaining afterwards (see attached screens).
2) Certain skill numbers (quick keys) do not work when i press them. For example, i will press 3 for nerve poison as SB ... and the sb will do nothing apart from standard attack.
3) Sometimes skills get "jammed" where they are on constant cooldown - or do not cast (happened sometimes on other servers too).

Is there anyway i can solve these problems? ... as sometimes they are really at bad times and annoying  Wink

You are having over 400 MS to my server port. I got a public port for this server going the default of course but it will encounter in NL changing it port number 8 actually, this reduces the lag of people playing furter away. Like USA.
These kind of problems are caused by lag. I did check all filed through and everything is fine.

Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 21:31:19 PM »

Regarding your problems more:
When you play make sure all your internet using programs are down;
MSN, Skype etc etc.

This will reduce the lag of yours.

Now tell me: How fast connection do you have ?
Where do you live?
Who is your net provider?

Oh yeah and at the same; Johan if you happen to read this or anyone else who knows about coding etc etc:
Is there away to actually log everything that has happened in your server? I've been trying some stuff but meh nothing works. Can't get stuff logged

Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 06:33:16 AM »

How fast connection do you have ? not 100% sure nowerdays
Where do you live? UK
Who is your net provider? AOL

Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 06:45:20 AM »

One more thing do you use vista ?

But yeah AOL seems to be very stable and good provider so it shouldn't be there.
But I think simply your net connection is low. Could you solve this out, how fast it is?

Cos
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »

i also saw witch who was on that position but i didnt check was he casting NW

koko pieni nalle puh on niin märkä, uh.

Cos, you're genious!
Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 14:52:13 PM »

One more thing do you use vista ?

But yeah AOL seems to be very stable and good provider so it shouldn't be there.
But I think simply your net connection is low. Could you solve this out, how fast it is?

No, im using Windows XP - which seems a bit more stable than vista at the moment.

I assume my connection is low... but i tend to lag at different times to everyone else. So when they get lag - i have none.. and when they have none... i have lag  Undecided

Confusing.

Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 16:13:15 PM »

More bug fun  Grin - fountain glow... but no fountain

Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 16:18:22 PM »

No, im using Windows XP - which seems a bit more stable than vista at the moment.

I assume my connection is low... but i tend to lag at different times to everyone else. So when they get lag - i have none.. and when they have none... i have lag  Undecided

Confusing.

Ask your parents abou it? It should stand in the server providers bill. But I actually took a deeper look into this; I want you to post your computer spec also.
Since I think your graphics card isnt redrawing everything, which means that maybe your prossessor can't keep up with the frame changes. This is a possibility. This might also mean that there is some file corrupted in DS folder making the graphical redraw and update impossible. What I suggest to try is reinstalling Dawnspire client

Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 16:29:39 PM »

What I suggest to try is reinstalling Dawnspire client
Done

Cos
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 22:01:47 PM »

I saw another bug again Cheesy

Templar (bot) comes to battle and he is moving normally but he is looking like he is in mana and stamina renegation spot (those statues you know) that same as ghost AND I DIDNT HAVE ANY LAG

koko pieni nalle puh on niin märkä, uh.

Cos, you're genious!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: