Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2020, 20:18:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: prowlers are the best or just hard to kill??!  (Read 22386 times)
IBACb
the next domination
Level 2

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2009, 15:46:08 PM »

why nobody like prowlers on thier servers? Huh always kick etc... Angry
Smiskfisk
Global Moderator
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 15:49:24 PM »

Because people think they ruin the game. I'd say, people just suck. Gogo Prowlers! \o/
PimpMachine
HonorGuards
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 16:07:15 PM »

The main problem with prowlers on public servers IMHO is that they most often don't help the team to win. There are exceptions ofc, but I have too often seen prowlers with 22 kills, 2 deaths, but still losing the game. When I join and see that a prowler is on my team I think #¤"@¤% (= selfish chicken bastard who thinks he is good because he is able to kill more often than get killed, but will make me lose the game).

Now, all you prowler playing players - you have the ability to change this. Get high lvl scout and go for the relics instead of a high K/D-ratio. There are no better relicrunners than the prowlers. In public games it isn't very hard to steal, so go for it! That would dramatically change the prowlers rep. / Pimp
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 16:19:49 PM »

Hippies...
Derped
HonorGuards
Level 13

Baaa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 17:05:36 PM »

As Pimp already said, it's possible to make a prowler that benefits the team (shriek & scout) but for some reason people don't. If you have killed like 30 people and died three times you don't necessarily kick ass. This is a game which requires teamplay.

EDIT: I don't like stealkills.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 17:07:23 PM by ReverendLostLamb » Logged

Reverendlamb, the most famous Time Travel Adventurer of the 30th century.
Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 17:07:57 PM »

The main problem with prowlers on public servers IMHO is that they most often don't help the team to win. There are exceptions ofc, but I have too often seen prowlers with 22 kills, 2 deaths, but still losing the game. When I join and see that a prowler is on my team I think #¤"@¤% (= selfish chicken bastard who thinks he is good because he is able to kill more often than get killed, but will make me lose the game).

Now, all you prowler playing players - you have the ability to change this. Get high lvl scout and go for the relics instead of a high K/D-ratio. There are no better relicrunners than the prowlers. In public games it isn't very hard to steal, so go for it! That would dramatically change the prowlers rep. / Pimp

+1. The majority (not all) of the prowlers i see play on public servers are ones that shoot at everyone that their teammates are attacking, and usually just when they are able to kill them - therefore, the prowler gets the kill rather than the person who just lost 3/4 of their health in a 1 on 1 battle with that enemy.

What makes it annoying, is how it happens frequently ... not just like an accident. So 3/4 of your health is gone for no good reason, meaning you die sooner, meaning you cannot get or protect relics etc.

Another flaw in the prowler playing style (most of the time) is how the prowler runs away whenever anything attacks it. If you are going to shoot at people, and try to kill them... Why do you get the need to constantly run away and not stop until the attackers give up, or you can kill them without dieing yourself?.... Prowlers that run away waste time - because they could be running to get relic or helping teammates. Especially when prowlers run away from bots or enemies... and lead them to their own relics or other teammates - meaning others lose out due to the prowlers obsessive need to survive.

Saying that, some prowlers are good. They use shriek and scout tactically.... And are a benefit to the team (for example shrieking an enemy Templar). However, Prowlers have a bad rep because about 90% of all prowlers that play just frag  Undecided.

"It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside of him, then the darkness all around him." - Which would you pick? - Some would pick light, others darkness... Can an imbalance be made?
Smiskfisk
Global Moderator
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 23:41:01 PM »

I'd say, people just suck.

But I agree with you all, ofc. Pimp got valid points. So does Nightmare.
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 01:45:27 AM »

I like prowler.

I like it when I see the whole enemy group in the witch aoe, everyone in moderate/low health, while our reaver is killing them and our little berserker seeker going on with his axe, and then I successfully use shriek right-on-spot to their only templar making him just run around, trying to bash, like he would be some good without skills.

I like it when the Eilorans Anguish unlocks, and there's just me and enemy reaver closing by, while I'm getting the relic up and using scout to start running into the base while the reaver tries to sprint near me, getting really close but just not close enough to do anything, so he tries telekinectic push, like I would be slow enough to get caught by that.

I like it when the battle begins and both groups crash in to the battle, inside boths aoe, while our templar is being chased by a reaver, using the supportive fire on the right spot slowing down the reaver and dealing really nice damage to every enemy in the area, while slowing them down, like they wouldn't be dead enough.

I like it when the shadowblade thinks he's clever, only to get himself into the chains, like he... uhm...

I like prowler.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
mayhem
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »

Ghost was whining that prowler takes the kills, so what? In your example the "1v1 guy" didn't waste his life, he did the dmg that was needed so that prowler can take out the target so I don't see the problem here.

Just like Smisk said people suck.

Eat the Fish!
Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »

Ghost was whining that prowler takes the kills, so what? In your example the "1v1 guy" didn't waste his life, he did the dmg that was needed so that prowler can take out the target so I don't see the problem here.

Just like Smisk said people suck.

So is it whining to answer the question "Why do people not like prowlers?".... How else would you want me to answer it. Say people find them annoying because they do nothing wrong... They run around the map giving people something to look at?.....

The kill stealing was just an example. If you look at the bottom part of my post, i talked about others too...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:19:02 AM by Ghost » Logged

"It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside of him, then the darkness all around him." - Which would you pick? - Some would pick light, others darkness... Can an imbalance be made?
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 07:56:23 AM »

I hate prowler.

I hate it when I see the whole enemy group in the witch aoe, everyone in moderate/low health, while our reaver is killing them and our little berserker seeker going on with his axe, and then some stupid idiot fragger successfully uses aimed shot right-on-spot to their only templar to steal my kill.

I hate it when the Eilorans Anguish unlocks, and there's just some stupid idiot fragger prowler and enemy reaver closing by, while the hippie is getting the relic up and using scout to start running into the base, only to leave his stupid fucking bird on so that it keeps dealing damage to the reaver and thus interrupting the scout all the fucking time!

I hate it when the battle begins and both groups crash in to the battle, inside boths aoe, while our templar is being chased by a reaver, and watching our stupid idiot fragger prowler running to the other side of the map just because he doesn't want to be killed. We lose the OP, but hey, our hippie is alive and well in the regeneration spot...

I hate it when the hippie thinks he's clever, only to get himself into the bombard, like uhm... well I actually like that.

I like prowlers, dead prowlers.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 21:49:26 PM by Nightmare » Logged
Cos
Unholy Alliance
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 17:35:16 PM »

I hate prowler.

I hate it when I see the whole enemy group in the witch aoe, everyone in moderate/low health, while our reaver is killing them and our little berserker seeker going on with his axe, and then some stupid idiot fragger successfully uses aimed shot right-on-spot to their only templar to steal my kill.

I hate it when the Eilorans Anguish unlocks, and there's just some stupid idiot fragger prowler and enemy reaver closing by, while the hippie is getting the relic up and using scout to start running into the base, only to leave his stupid fucking bird on so that it keeps dealing damage to the reaver and thus interrupting the scout all the fucking time!

I hate it when the battle begins and both groups crash in to the battle, inside boths aoe, while our templar is being chased by a reaver, and watching our stupid idiot fragger prowler running to the other side of the map just because he doesn't want to be killed. We lose the OP, but hey, our hippie is live and well in the regeneration spot...

I hate it when the hippie thinks he's clever, only to get himself into the bombard, like uhm... well I actually like that.

I like prowlers, dead prowlers.

I got same

koko pieni nalle puh on niin märkä, uh.

Cos, you're genious!
FLuori
Blue Hero
Level 9

Prowler Till Death!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 20:43:14 PM »

prowlers are the best or just hard to kill??!  <--- fail

Prowlers are complicated...
Good prowler who plays as should (scouting relics, using shriek etc.) are annoying for opponent.
Fragger prowlers are annoying (noone likes it).
When I'm prowler, I like it... but you think it's annoying.
If noone uses prowler, it's OK for everyone! (my favorite option!)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 20:46:58 PM by FLuori » Logged

Demolishor: "yes! I made that relic move like 2 meters towards our op and got an orgasm."
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »

I view prowlers as autoattack voids. Like, if he is a total noob, at least a noob any-other-class would soak some damage. If it's me and a prowler vs two other guys, it's virtually 2vs me. A bot would be preferable, clearly, the game will just suck for both sides.

Now, I previously mentioned, that I have NEVER played with a good prowler. This is a lie, I probably just don't remember it. I remember PLAYING a prowler, together with a reaver, and winning the game, but I can't remember playing the REAVER, with the prowler and winning the game. I don't know what that would feel like. Having teamwork with a prowler on your team.

WINNING against two meleè, with only you and the prowler. I can't see that happen. I don't know what it feels like. I know it's possible, but it's just outside my reality. I cannot remember even ONCE when I've had a prowler on my team, and I've NOT gone "Fuck, a prowler."

Yes hullu, as I mentioned, I can't remember playing with you. I do remember slightly, playing against you, though. (It's a faint feeling of wanting to flurry you to death, while I'm entangled.)

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Swiss
Unholy Alliance
Level 10

Silence is for good

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 14:20:32 PM »

Gasp

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: