Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 07, 2020, 02:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: prowlers are the best or just hard to kill??!  (Read 22845 times)
Smiskfisk
Global Moderator
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »

Interesting. Brummy please explain to me, what "noob" means. To be honest, I've no clear idea myself.

Prowlers are the fastest, but not necessarily the best, (can't resist stun for example) relic runner. Long range steady damage can be a pain and well placed Suppressive Fire can do far more damage then a Seekers Bombard. (add them together = Win!)
As a healing Templar (Oh I do have some experience playing those) a Prowler is a pain. Against a Seeker and Reaver, I can at least Bash and get away most of the time, saving me from some direct damage for 3+ seconds. But against that nasty Prowler I can't do anything to defend myself more then heal/shield. I think other experienced Healers here agree with me, that a Prowler under some circumstances are the worst enemy.
As for the 6v6 or less fights not being large enough for a Prowler I do have to agree. But that's just out of old habits I say that. As a guild leader and master and whatnot I never had the balls to field a Prowler in a "serious" GvG. At all. For a 7v7 or 8v8 (PrO GaM3s!1!) I do think a Prowler could be of use (Hell, I think they could be of use for a 6v6 as well!) but same story here: Old habits, no balls.

Brummy. You seems to have awesome experience from GvG and everything so you probably got everything right and what I just said made no sense.
Everyone. I am sorry I wasted a post spot with my non-sense bullshit here. I think I will make up for it with a new post later today. A post that makes sense and are just as good as the last 10-15 in this thread.

Edit:
Why do my post always get on top of a new page? O.o
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:11:58 AM by Smiskfisk » Logged
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 11:02:52 AM »

Noob is like Newbie. Guys who arent good at something. You can be a noob in dawnspire if u havent played very much and dont know the skills of the enemies and how to avoid them, but a thing cant be a noob. U cant say: "MY COMPUTER IS A FUCKING NOOB" cause it cant improve himself. Thats what i think is a noob. I dont exactly know it, but i dont often use that word.

Edit: I didnt said Prowlers are useless in big matches, but there arent any big matches in Dawnspire, the last few months, so prowlers are useless.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:17:50 AM by Brummy » Logged

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »

Noob is like Newbie.
From Urban Dictionary: II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own.

And a some on-topic stuff too. I have fielded prowlers on 5vs5 and 6vs6 games and even won, so they are viable on those games too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:39:22 AM by Nightmare » Logged
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 11:42:18 AM »

As I have stated before Prowlers have there rightful place within a team and the game if played right.

If played right they can be:

The best relic carries due to Scout.
Excellent secondary healers spamming rejuvenation.
A good SB hunter killer for those tight defend the relic matches with their companion.
With shriek they can disable a templar and a witch with ease. Provided the timing of shriek is right.
Effective fraggers. Every ones pet hate.

I have never understood this hate of Prowlers if played right they are effective all rounders.

Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »

Noobs whine about prowlers becaus they "know little and have no will to learn any more". Hihi.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »

I have fielded prowlers on 5vs5 and 6vs6 games and even won, so they are viable on those games too.

Then you must have had very bad enemies Smiley

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »

Or then BH was so pro.

Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 13:07:52 PM »

Then you must have had very bad enemies Smiley
Numerous german guilds come to my mind, yes.
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 14:06:26 PM »

Eh

I think the general conception of the sucky prowler simply comes from the tendancy of sucky players to PICK a prowler to play.

For a player, who's not teamwork oriented, standing off the battle, picking a enemy off or two, and running away if things get hairy, seems like a nice deal. A 6 year old could play a prowler this way, and have some amount of satisfaction from it. A more complex class, as the reaver for example, turns into minced meat in an instance with the same lack of skill. Therefor, I could see a tendency of crappy players deviating towards the prowler class, and it is my distinct pleasure to chop these boys up to pieces just to discourage fragger-style gameplay.

On the issue of prowlers being poor damage dealers, you should note that damage does not win the game (even if it's fun). HOWEVER

: If I see a prowler in my team in a public game, would I rather see just about any other class fill that spot?
ANSWER: Absolutely.

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

hiho :D

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 15:55:35 PM »

Dunno what this is about, but smisk is right and brummy is not.
Dunno what this is about, but nightmare is right and brummy is not.
Dunno what....

you know. In this case you are some kind of noob brummy, because you aren't willing to learn and stick to your option and no1 can change it, eventho they got much more experience in Gvg's and DS and tactics and lineups and cookies.

..yes Smiley

Life is unique.
Smiskfisk
Global Moderator
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 16:57:27 PM »

this is about smisk but nightmare is right and brummy got much more cookies.

..yes Smiley

Oynamak, you are weird.
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 17:05:49 PM »

Smiskfisk, you are blue.

zezuan
Level 7

Leave me alone!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 17:19:17 PM »

Smiskfisk, you are blue.
Hullu, you're stupid.

Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 17:44:57 PM »

Brummy vs. Oynamak vs. zezuan

who wins?!

Myrmox
Unholy Alliance
Level 5

Schnapp!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2009, 18:02:23 PM »

Maci wins ofc. Good Prowlers are annoying to the opposing team, bad ones are annoying to their own team. Kinda like Reavers I guess. And SBs. Maybe even Seekers? And definately Templars. Gotta love the autoattacking Templars.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: