Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 13, 2020, 11:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you beat one?  (Read 27436 times)
lingojac
the next domination
Level 5

Since 1991!

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2009, 05:49:15 AM »

all the 'hardcore' players play as a shadowblade, and i dont believe in "If you can't beat them, join them"

gimme your tips, any at all

Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:19:09 AM »

Do you mean how to beat an experienced sb?

Simple. Take away his ability to attack. Use Counter-Blow to dodge one of his poisons, or Veil to stop most of them. And hit him with lvl 12 poison and lvl 12 Nerve poison. That way his health is going down quickly, and if he tries to attack you he gets another 40 of his health taken off, or 90 if he uses Backstab. Therefore, He cant attack you. And the only thing he can do is jump away, but if you hit him with poison... his health is going down.

Or you could just try to out-smart the other sb. By using cb at a random time and hitting him with Backstab straight after (The "combo" is very effective). This can also be used for other poisons. As an experienced sb will always try to break your cb (with a standard hit, or less important attack) - usually with their own cb on. Therefore, you get hit by the rest of his attacks, and you miss one of yours (possibly backstab if you were using the cb).

It's complicated to truly explain how to take another sb down. It depends on the situation and what the opponent decides to do. You have to adapt to each scenario and choose your actions accordingly. The best thing I can say do is just practice  Undecided

"It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside of him, then the darkness all around him." - Which would you pick? - Some would pick light, others darkness... Can an imbalance be made?
lingojac
the next domination
Level 5

Since 1991!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:48:10 AM »

good tips, though i moreso wanted to know how to beat them when not playing as an sb.  rogue-type classes like the sb just aren't my play-style.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:58:57 AM by lingojac » Logged

Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »

With a Reaver you could use bone armour so that he takes damage every time he hits you. Push at 12 to stun the little monkey and get off flurry. Hold to stop him attacking and Gash to stop him jumping away. for a few ideas.

Prowlers can use multi shot to  knock them down then entangle to slow them down and knock them down again, reinvigorate to stop any poisons. Companion to show you were they are even when in meld and sacrafice to stop them jumping at you or away.
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 18:23:13 PM »

First of all no seriously taken hardcore player ever plays SB more than few rounds at a time.

But how to beat those flying rats then? Here's some skills from each class which SB's hate, make your build around those:

- bash, blessed, heal, cure
- mana void, natures wrath, soul trap, channel mana, ethereal form
- bone armor, bone blades, focus attack, telekinetic push, telekinetic hold, whirlwind
- bullrush, brutal combination, taunt, mithral jaws, frag mines
- call companion, sacrifice, multishot
zezuan
Level 7

Leave me alone!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 01:20:22 AM »

i don't hate bash, brutal combination, whirlwind or blessed strike... Tongue

Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 01:50:35 AM »

Reaver:
SB jumps away, sprint after and switch WW on. Once you find him, HOLD him. This will hopefully allow for some reinforcement to take out the little drat. If no reinforcement arrives, TP, if possible get off a normal punch, then gash or FA. Even if he survives, a SB getting this treatment will step on his toes around you.

Since I generally hang with the templar, SB's doesn't bother me much. A hold, bash + FA fucks up any SB.

Also, I cannot belive no-one has mentioned Shriek. On my SB, I have 4 out of 6 mana dependent abilities, all defensive. He's defenseless without them.

A good SB will generally be able to have you running in circles forever, so unless he does something important, don't give a shit.

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 08:21:18 AM »

i don't hate bash, brutal combination, whirlwind or blessed strike... Tongue
Well then obviously you don't mind dying either Wink.
mayhem
Blue Hero
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »

With reaver I wait for their jump then ww to them with sprint and then do flurry to the 3rd hit and after that I cancel the flurry to interupt their jump with push and after that 1 or 2 autoattacks will kill the sneaky bastard.

Eat the Fish!
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 18:17:26 PM »

When I was playing a lot of SB, I found that the only class I had trouble getting down, 1on1 would be a healing templar (who on the other hand is by far the easierst characer to avoid). BA reaver was trouble, but 2 poisons and he's down to 1 hp and useless. Seeker was children's play, and witch could take some time perhaps depending on spam and EF.

Which leads me to the conclusion that hunting SB's is basically a waste of time. It's a question of weather your wasting HIS or YOUR time though, for instance, if you're defending your relics 1 to 1, you're wasting HIS time.

A good SB can even avoid 2-3 players quite deftly, so that's wasting YOUR time.

Myrmox
Unholy Alliance
Level 5

Schnapp!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 19:15:03 PM »

The best anti-SB remedy is teamplay, but that requires a team of competent human players which I assume is rare today. With no/few human players, any idiot can look good when playing SB. If you want that SBs scalp really bad then go for a Prowler with 12 AS, 12 Sacrifice, 12 Scout, 8 MS, 5 Entangle and 1 CC (or swap Entangle for Reinvigoration if you get poisoned alot), but donīt expect your teammates to cheer you on as its an impopular class. Nevertheless its the ultimate 1v1 SB-hunter out there IMO. Just scout around (he canīt hit you while you run) until he pops out then AS/Sacrifice him. Repeat until he dies or runs to the regen-spot. If you fail to keep him at a distance, MS/Entangle him and Scout away (after any NP expired). Smooth sailing after a few tries I can assure you, but boooooring after a few games.

BTW Entangle should be on Nightmares list too, it is like tagging the SB for destruction if there is a friendly Reaver nearby. Or just to merrily chase the clinking chains around by yourself and let the bird peck his eyes out.
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:17:15 AM »

A good SB can avoid AS and sacrifice.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
PimpMachine
HonorGuards
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 21:02:12 PM »

My favourite SB hunting is with a reaver. When you hear him (yes you can hear the sneaking bastards), or you think he is close you TP, he will then activate CB or veil, but then you hang him up in a high lvl TH (8 at least), by then his CB/veil has expired, gash, he will now be pretty desperate so he will SS away, go after him with sprint + WW. Dead SB. But I must try Mayhems combo - seems as a good one. A templar with lvl 12 cure is a waste of time to try to kill as an SB, you won't kill the SB, but you sure can survive a really long time. Smiley Pimp
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 22:31:49 PM »

O Rly?

AS I know, I love evading that, but can you really avoid the heatseeking bird without killing the prow?

Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 20:28:44 PM »

Yeah, just like you evade AS. Step before the bird goes, it's easy to see and hear when to step, once you get the hold of it.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: