Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 07, 2020, 06:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you beat one?  (Read 27388 times)
Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

hiho :D

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 19:20:58 PM »

Hmmmm. I could tell you -how to beat the ones that try to beat the nasty sbs- ^^..

but so far, the biggest enemy of the sb is a team. That can be 2 to 8 players, atleast ppl who stick together. Killing 2 people is harder, and surviving an attack against them too (tho, if they got no templar it doesn't mean the sb automaticly lost.. then it's timing (stuns,St etc) and skills to beat him, else his PS+CB/step away and CB/BS step away tactic will kill you anyway..).

Another way to beat sbs is the reaver. BA (bone armor) lvl 12, sprint 12 and telepush and/or telehold at any lvl is kinda a must-have.Gash and BB means a bleeding sb, also good to have. FA/Flurry can be good in some cases, but if you don't know how to handle CB/veil its bether to keep gash mixed with FA or WW for melee, and BA/sprint for dmging them and speed, and TP/TH, atleast one of them, but against sb its bether to have both of them.
My favourite build for both, random playing and sbs in one is BA sprint gash FA lvl 12 and tp/hold 1..  Sprint, telepush and gash, then sprint back and forward and hold (to avoid getting hitted right after TP/gash..) .. and then gash or FA.. if FA would kill him FA, if not, gash him.. because if he run away he has to stop or he dies, if he stops you go to him and kill him, if he moves then he die anyway.. if he attacks, your attack+BA dmg will kill him anyway, and you wont die since you didn't take any/much dmg with those simple steps ^^

Templar: Bash and Blessed strike, Cure and heal.. thats it. First hit = normal attack to avoid Cb, and bash right after. 1hit and Blessed strike.. normaly he's death or low health.. but since you can curea nd heal, and you avoit his CB+BS combo, its no problem.. to let him run away with less then 15% of his life, dont follow him its just a waste of time.

Prowler: You don't even need to kill him.. if you play prowler, play supporting prowler, else you dont even have to play prowler because they are just as annoying as the sb you want to kill. So.. you have bird lvl 1, scout lvl 12, entangle lvl 12 and MS lvl 1-12.. then you can choose between shriek,AS and so on.. if you MS/entangle and scout away (shriek if you got), he normally can't follow you and you go on supporting your team, get relics shriek enemys entangle relic carrier/enemy templar etc..

as Seeker yu gotta stay with your team(mate), or you'll loose atleast half of your life.. usefull skills can be Bullrush , Fury, BC, and KB to stop him and maybe run away to BR him again when you are in fury, and AB to deal more dmg (that might help if your BC lvl 12 or high skilled BC hits him, else you just deal dmg and die).. and taunt. MJ lvl 12 can be used too, frag mines are more or less crap if you are no miner/bomber/taunt seeker..
A way if a sb attacks you could be: Fury on,hit (and turn 180 if CB is on), BC and then KB, run back and BR as fast as you can if its not on CD, and kill him with an attack while hes stunned.. or just use your skills wisely and avoid his poisons and CB/BS as good as you can.

as witch it depends on your skills, since there are just a few that can really kill a sb when it attacks you.. NW, Soul trap (when he staps away), CM+MV can be useful... and CE to see him when he attacks you, then you can act right..

And as I said, ignore him (as charakter, so that he thinks you didnt recognized him or don't care, but as person you take care and act in the right moment and blow his ass.. just watch out and listen to the sound of his step/meld and stun with a non-melee attack first(TP,TH,BR,MS,MV,NW...), if you dont have such an attack.. attack first to avoid CB and then use a stun attack(bash,BC,sprint+FA,BS..).. its always like that.) and stay with your teammate if you can't handle "skilled" sbs ^^ since its a teambased game .. Cheesy

and practise, practise, practise ...

good luck!^^

if you can host server i could practise with you as a sb, got 8 weeks holidays I think I'll find some time if u tell me before, since servers are most of the time empty, I'd like to play some DS :/ )

Life is unique.
Ghost
HonorGuards
Level 8

The Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »

I'll join in if you say when lol. My pesky sb will help you learn.

"It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside of him, then the darkness all around him." - Which would you pick? - Some would pick light, others darkness... Can an imbalance be made?
Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »

I'll join in if you say when lol. My pesky sb will help you learn.

... -I- wanted to help.. :p

Life is unique.
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 13:21:40 PM »

First of all no seriously taken hardcore player ever plays SB more than few rounds at a time.

But how to beat those flying rats then? Here's some skills from each class which SB's hate, make your build around those:

- bash, blessed, heal, cure
- mana void, natures wrath, soul trap, channel mana, ethereal form
- bone armor, bone blades, focus attack, telekinetic push, telekinetic hold, whirlwind
- bullrush, brutal combination, taunt, mithral jaws, frag mines
- call companion, sacrifice, multishot

o.O No Gash vs Sbs?! O.o

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 14:03:21 PM »

Gash is noobs only skill.
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 14:27:55 PM »

Why is that? / Pimpnoob
Smiskfisk
Global Moderator
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 14:42:13 PM »

As a Shadowblade, I don't fear Gash. I do not fear Focus Attack either. Whirlwind though, is pain. CB wont help you much against WW, while both Gash and Focus Attack wont harm me.
Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 14:50:44 PM »

Smisk is right.

Whirlwind is THAA!11!!elf killer.

Life is unique.
Hullu
Blue Hero
Level 13

Manly All Over

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »

WW is only annoying if the reaver catches you with your shadowstep on cooldown. It can do some damage, with the bleed and all. But yeah, Gash sucks.

while($spammer="hullu") write $crap[random(0,20000)];
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 10:45:29 AM »

Gash is for Pros.

You can hear a SB using cb, so you autohit/Fokus Attack him till he uses cb or a damage spell. Then you use Gash, he cant escape it then. If you wanna pwn Sbs with Gash you need Skill. You gotta listen carefully and Gash at the right time.

WW is to get him out of shadowmeld. Sprint + WW moving in the near of the places where he've gone invisible and then you can only hope to get him out of meld.

Offtopic:
The best thing of gash: As Templarguard Reaver you can use it on a Person attacking the Templar, the Templar runs away the person attacking him runs after him and gets very much dmg, and it works also vs seekers and not only vs Chars with low armor. So trust me, Gash is not a Noobs only Skill.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:00:29 AM by Brummy » Logged

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »

A GOOD sb won't let you wait till he used his CB. You'll fail with attak+FA+Gash Combo.

Tho, it will own other sbs.

Life is unique.
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

Well I have played like more than 50h with Gash build and I never lost vs a SB in 1on1 yet Shocked And with never i mean never^^

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Oynamak
Unholy Alliance
Level 12

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »

My memories say I even killed you when I was a sb  Roll Eyes But I got neither vids, nor pics so guess I can't proove it anyways. But I seldom loose against reavers.  Grin guess I love my sb.

Life is unique.
Brummy
Level 13

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

Hmm whatever, maybe u did and i jost forgot it. But i'd say: Gash is a great spell vs Sbs.

Build:
Blades 9
Gash 12
WW 8
Sprint 12
Bone Armor 8
Telepush 1

U realy only need to autohit him and Gash him when he uses step or already used his cb

DIE FOR A VICTORY
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 12:13:28 PM »

Gash is for noobs because it's way too easy to use, just like you described. Just hit and the SB either stays and dies or escapes and dies, what's the skill in that?

Also I've played SB hundreds of hours and never lost to anyone, so beat that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: