Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 22:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenGL and Direct3D  (Read 1407 times)
K0rkki
Level 2

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2010, 04:33:46 AM »

That would be sweet if Dawnspire were an OpenGL game. I don't know if it is possible to make it one and if I would have to bet I would say that the whole game would have to be redone. Anyways, that should lure more new players since many ppl, maybe even majority dunno, prefer other platforms such as Linux instead of Windows. Oh well, maybe I'm just irritated cuz majority of games requires DirectX, even some of those that aren't commercial...

Just feel free to tell what you think about Direct3D and/or/vs. OpenGL. Do you prefer one or other?
Mad-Martigan
Team Toss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:50:29 AM »

That would be sweet if Dawnspire were an OpenGL game. I don't know if it is possible to make it one and if I would have to bet I would say that the whole game would have to be redone. Anyways, that should lure more new players since many ppl, maybe even majority dunno, prefer other platforms such as Linux instead of Windows. Oh well, maybe I'm just irritated cuz majority of games requires DirectX, even some of those that aren't commercial...

Just feel free to tell what you think about Direct3D and/or/vs. OpenGL. Do you prefer one or other?

Can you not run dawnspire in some sort of compatability mode on other operating systems, like linux?

With windows vista, dawnspire needs to be launched in compatability mode, with certain properties selected etc (look in the vista topic in the help section). I assume it would be possible to do this with other systems, although im not sure.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 16:14:42 PM by Mad-Martigan » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: