Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2018, 15:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Task list  (Read 8629 times)
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 15:18:57 PM »

Agreed, this way we can announce thing with a newsletter to all memebers and keep their interest and hopefully keep briniging them back. Ultimately when we are finished all the maps we should think about unpacking a client, inserting everything into the client, repackage it and use it to replace the official download. That way new players have everything they need to be up to date.
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 08:46:03 AM »

Aight, so we have quite a lot of maps under development/under construction/untested, so feel free to pick one so we can get them finished (SD to RC takes priority).

I'll finish Brangulvs Dam first, just waiting for us to agree on the new design before starting it.
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »

Since I am now work bound and Ds doesn't work here I can work on the last 3 RC to SD maps and test them out tonight. Then we can concentrate on the RC to SD maps. I can also work on trying to identify the problem in Adiman by finding all the lines that say Dwarven building in it, deleting them all and then adding one item back in at a time. Not as time consuming as you might think. I hope.
Qso
The Smurfs
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 20:50:15 PM »

Will be away for couple of days again, but I'll take the map objects task.

* Hyvää Juhannusta ! *
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »

We either need to start a thread for all those items completed or update this task list with outstanding work or both. You guys need to try out the shrine dom conversions and post opinions. Since I have finished all the RC to SD conversions I could hopefully start on fixing any problems with maps RC maps first.

Since I know it is broken I will work on Brangulvs dam map.
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »

Since I know it is broken I will work on Brangulvs dam map.
Well I already kind of reserved that, but guess I could take something else too.
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »

Sorry got in the zone this morning and just went for it. It's finished and tested. My bad Sad.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 13:07:38 PM by Persus » Logged
Qso
The Smurfs
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 13:04:52 PM »

Hi guys I'm back now, been somewhat overwhelmed with work lately and haven't had time to look into our little project. I should have more time now. Btw  Nightmare you haven't assigned the map items task to me Smiley
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 13:54:15 PM »

Everything is done. Grin If you want to download the three installers and test all the maps feel free.
http://dawnspire.tinyrocket.se/forum/index.php/topic,939.msg11027.html#msg11027
Remember and place the maps in a folder called Levels and change the map names back to those of the originals so that the master server recognises them.

Also use the walkables included for each map as some have been altered. Watch out when opening the Dominations installer it seems to have copied everything double. It has an SD version and a version just named after the map. My bad. Start looking at maps to see what else you could come up with. An example is the tutorial map has 2 land masses off to the north and west that could be used. Just edit the walkables using the tutorial and move a spawn point to the west or north to walk aroun and have a look.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 14:16:18 PM by Persus » Logged
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 14:19:27 PM »

One of the things you Qso could do is write either news post or the forum post for our release (we talked about it earlier here).

I'll compile the final installer at some point.

Deadline for all this should be this week, so we could release the stuff on monday/tuesday next week.

This is ofc assuming that all the maps are fine, still haven't had time to check them.
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 14:31:49 PM »

I hope they are. I put them through my usual rigorous testing for playability, holder and relic distances from each other and the spawn points. I also won and lost games on them multiple times. I would like to think I nailed the feeling of the football game mode that was present in the original map on the 12 new maps, IE fast and furious with loads of fighting. But you guys need to test them to see what you think.
Qso
The Smurfs
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 21:09:53 PM »

This week(end) doesn't suit me sry. I'll look into them next week.

Another interesting thing to modify would be to improve the skills nobody's using for some reason.
Like:

Seeker:
sticky bomb

Templar:
Heroism
Angelic Armor

Shadowblade:
Hamstring
Dagger strike
Counter blow past lvl 1

Prowler:
Call companion past lvl 1

Maybe I missed something.
Was experimenting with the skills one day and got Templar to cast 2 shields etc. Most of the stuff didn't work but some of them were interesting. For example tried to make Heroism heal life over time like reinvigorate which didn't work but maybe I did something wrong.

Your input is welcome
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 22:02:37 PM »

Yeah some skills could use improvements, especially those you mentioned. Don't remember how much you can exactly mess with them, there are some limits with the engine and animations regarding timers, but other than that everything should go. Don't remember whether mixing skills was possible.
Qso
The Smurfs
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 22:27:53 PM »

Well at least you can cast 2 or more shields with Templar, took the limit parameter from soul trap Smiley Maybe you can cast anything twice with witch too by lowering cooldown and increasing maxTargets="X" But as per my experimenting looks like many parameters are skill bound.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: