Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 13, 2020, 10:55:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial: Making your own installers  (Read 1882 times)
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2010, 18:44:59 PM »

As reguested, here be the guide to making your own installer.

1. Navigate to http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Download and download and install Nullsoft Scriptable Install System
2. Before doing anything else you need to create a zip file which includes all the necessary files in their correct folders

3. So for example in our case you would have a file called levels.zip, which would basically be just the levels folder from DS directory and all of it's subfolders and files, packed in.
4. Start the program from desktop or wherever you installed it

5. Click installer based on ZIP file

6. Locate the zip file you created earlier and name the installer and the exe to your liking. Interface can be either one and Default Folder (the folder where the installer installs the files) can be whatever you choose as in our case the user needs to locate the DS directory himself. After all settings are done hit Generate.
7. After some processing the installer is created.

Now these are very simple instruction to create very simple installers (like the one we're using). The program used to create these is very complicated and used by a lot of commercial software houses to distribute their programs and games, so it has a countless number of other features which I'm not covering here (mostly because I don't have a clue on how they work Tongue).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: