Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2018, 02:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: DS Mod Pack 1  (Read 45162 times)
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2010, 16:53:53 PM »

This topic is for the just released DS Mod Pack 1 and everything related to it. Next follows a simple guide to install the maps and later maybe some other stuff if need arises.

0. Before anything else, it is highly recommended to remove all previous mods before installing this mod pack as there might be some conflicts otherwise. So remove the "levels" folder from the Dawnspire folder if you have one.

1. Download and start the installer as usual

2. Select "Browse"

3. Locate your Dawnspire folder (yes, the folder called Dawnspire as highlighted in the picture)

4. Click Install

5. If your installation was successful, you should now have a folder called "levels" with the following subfolders in it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 20:29:57 PM by Nightmare » Logged
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 22:15:47 PM »

OK people. Pimp has these maps up and running. So download the files if you want to see what all the fuss is about. Once you have played them come back here and tell us what you think. This is your chance. Tell us what you like and don't like. While your at it read the history of the New game mode Football. If you have problems installing the pack follow the excelllent guide in the forums.  Dawnspire is changing be a part of it.

The DS mod team would like to thank Pimp for hosting games and Johan for all his hard work with  getting our newsletter out, updating the website and adding maps to master server .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 23:04:55 PM by Persus » Logged
Prey
Knights of Eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 01:37:07 AM »

Hey, Nightmare. I have a question for you... How do I get stupid Norton to stop it's stupid Insight? It won't allow me to download the file due to it's having less than 10 users or some such nonsense.

"Oh my God! It's OhMyGodItsPrey!"
-Myself Cheesy
Faro
Team Toss
Level 8

Thats right, your NOT from Texas.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 02:17:24 AM »

Yaay new maps, I might have to play more!
Seriously guys everything works great and it makes for a different game. Thanks for all your work!

Jerry the old guy that just killed you
Faro
Team Toss
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 02:22:52 AM »

Everything works fine, although I did notice that the bots got stuck at the respawn point on the dark side of the football map, kinda lucky actually because that game takes forever and is only won when it takes so long to lift that it becomes impossible.

Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 07:21:11 AM »

Merged the two topics, let's try to keep all discussions here unless there's tons of messages and clearly a need for another topic.

@Prey: Don't use Norton myself, but try changing the settings here: [Settings][Computer Settings][Scan Performance Profiles]. If nothing else, disable the whole shit just to download the file.

@Faro: Yeah the bots seem to suck even more on the FB maps than RC ones, atleast on the one we have available now.
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 12:42:21 PM »

I haven't had any bots stick on these maps during their long testing period. Sad. Yeah the football map has a whole different feel to RC because it's more concentrated. Meaning lots more fights and a far greater degree of struggle over the relics.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 13:04:48 PM by Persus » Logged
Faro
Team Toss
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 15:08:47 PM »

The specific map is the forgotten halls football map, bots get stuck at respawn, twice now I've seen it.

Otherwise; the tutorial map/football is a riot! I take my seeker, grab a relic and bullrush across to the goal line. Everyone should try out the new rotation.

Prey
Knights of Eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 15:13:52 PM »

I think I may have outsmarted Norton Wink I'll play around with DS for a bit until I come across a new map.

"Oh my God! It's OhMyGodItsPrey!"
-Myself Cheesy
Faro
Team Toss
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 16:46:22 PM »

This needs to be fixed:
On the Forgotten Halls football map the bots on the light side get stuck at the respawn point behind one of the columns. It either needs to be eliminated, placed elsewhere or made to be walked through.

Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 17:53:01 PM »

It's easily fixed by placing both the dark and light spawn points underground. I have already penciled in 2 fixes for this map. When I get time I will fix them. The plan was to wait for feed back on all the maps and fix them, releasing map pack 2 with the updates and a couple more maps. Sadly I have no time at present to do any of this new maps included. New Sd and FB maps should arrive next week. I am hoping when they do that Pimp will swap the current SD/FB maps out and put the new ones in. Not been a lot of feedback at all so I take it only Halls FB has been found wanting?  Smiley
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 17:53:17 PM »

Here is another place the bots sometimes get stuck (Adiman map):

Perhaps a fix for DS mod pack 2?

Smiley / Pimp
Persus
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

I see dumb people

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 17:55:41 PM »

Not a part of the map we altered so I think that must have been a sticking point from the beginning. Again There might be a possible fix for that bridge at light base. I take it they no longer get stuck at light base entrance?
Nightmare
Global Moderator
Level 13

I heal, you kill

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 18:54:24 PM »

Yeah stuff like that should be easily fixed by editing the walkable terrain. It's totally another thing when that fix is done and released in a possible mod pack though... (needs quite a lot of work to make sure everyone downloads the pack so people are not in unequal position with some having the fix and some not).
PimpFather
Team Toss
Level 9

No brain, no pain.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 21:00:28 PM »

Not a part of the map we altered so I think that must have been a sticking point from the beginning. Again There might be a possible fix for that bridge at light base. I take it they no longer get stuck at light base entrance?

Yes, it has been there from the beginning. There are two other spots at Adiman where bots tend to get stuck that I know of, I'll see if I can snapshot them as well. Old Wistmore has at least one spot as well. If you other guys know any spots like these, please post them here so our dream-fixer-maps-team has a possibility to correct them.

No, the fix at light base works perfectly.

Smiley / Pimp
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: