Dawnspire Community Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 21:09:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Irreverance  (Read 1455 times)
Sparrisen
Unholy Alliance
Level 13

Power Poster

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:04 AM »

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irreverent
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=irreverent

This is a subtopic from this thread:
http://dawnspire.tinyrocket.se/forum/index.php/topic,994.msg11422/topicseen.html#msg11422

Also, to fully understand what I'm saying here, I advice you read the entire article that I hinted at, in the GOD thread.

This is interesting, the link I posted in the thread is to Eminem's - I'm not afraid

This is SUCH an interesting song. I'm going to quote a few lines:

I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm

And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now

WHAT ARE WE SEEING HERE?  This is such a blessing to see this so clearly. My personal opinion is that we're seeing a transgression from EXTERNAL validation to INTERNAL validation.

When I say 'em or do something I do it, I don't give a damn
What you think, I'm doing this for me, so fuck the world
Feed it beans, it's gassed up, if a thing's stopping me
I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony

To get your validation internally, is a big FUCK YOU to social conditioning. We've been getting our validation externally since Mom first said "Good!" or "Don't do that!". Looking to others for what to think, and what to do. Continued with for some people 20 years in school. Continued for other people as a LIFE TIME OF WORK, under a BOSS, who dictates what's right or wrong.

What it looks like eminem is saying, is that he's fed up with that. Fuck that. It's time to start making your own descisions. Decide for your own, what you're going to stand for and what not. The next step in personal development.

Eminem had a rough road to get there. He's brain has been taking shit since he was a kid. Then he became a rapper. WORLD FAMOUS. One of the world's best.

....Play with THAT external validation...

You said you was king, you lied through your teeth
For that fuck your feelings, instead of getting crowned you're getting capped

...Time to get real.

External validation will put you at the mercy of others. A SUPER CROWD, can make you feel like SUPER KING. But it can also make you feel KING SHIT.

As previously mentioned, when dealing with these kind of emotional rollercoasters, it's extremely common to fall into drugs. Many famous people, dealing with extreme amounts of external validation do.

"It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me
Admittedly I probably did it subliminally for you
So I could come back a brand new me, you helped see me through
And don't even realise what you did, believe me you
I been through the ringer, but they can do little to the middle finger"

When OTHERs affect you with external validation, it makes them CONTROL you. Control your emotions.

...If someone smiles at you, you feel like shit, do you still smile back? (are you FORCED to smile back?)
...If you're happy, and someone comes at you with bullshit (say you get dissed by a girl), will it take you down?

Emotions that will render you a slave to others. However, to a real fucking dude, his emotions are his OWN

"This fucking black cloud still follow's me around
But it's time to exercise these demons
These motherfuckers are doing jumping jacks now!"

See, when Eminem says he's back now, there's weight to it. It's his own desicion. It's what HE wants. BY DEFAULT you FEEL THIS. You believe it, and respect it, because it's not affected by external opinion. He has turned an alpha male, he has grown up, become a man, dictating his own reality.

"And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back
I promise to never go back on that promise, "

By DEFAULT you trust him. THere's weight in his words, because they're truly his, and noone elses. We look up to that, as value. Confidence. We trust him.

BUT IMAGINE THIS, if he finds something else that he thinks is interesting, do you think he will mind turning his back to his fans? HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE. He wouldn't look back. In fact, he's more likely to stop rapping than EVER. But we don't see that. We see the value. Now we are like a woman. We see the value, which to her translates to, attraction. To a man, not afraid to turn his back to her, because he's king of his own world.

His gift is a curse, forget the earth he's got the urge
To pull his dick from the dirt and fuck the universe

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:10:53 AM by Sparrisen » Logged

If you wanna be a hero, create you own fairytale.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: